Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Waiting for updates? More like GREAT-ing for up-GREATS!

For anyone who was afraid that my new comics could never be as densely wordy as my old ones, I submit part four of Epicdemic -- I think there's, maybe, one square inch of actual illustration in this one.

And why, you may ask, did this update take so long? Oh, you didn't ask? You just went and found another comic that updates more frequently? Well, heck with you, 'cause I have a GREAT reason for taking so long, and I cannot WAIT to share it with you all!

...although I'm going to. Sorry. But stay tuned!

5 comments:

  1. While your output is not as quantative as other comics of the web, your quality surpasses most others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A new Norm! Always a pick-me-up in this otherwise too-fast-paced, updates-three-times-a-week webcomic world of ours :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Norm

    Are you going to answer the question I asked in the comments two posts down? You know, the post where you asked anyone with questions to put them in the comments?

    ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Boiling Pot:

    Ha, sorry. Short answer there is that, no, that WASN'T supposed to be the end of the story, but for practical purposes, it kind of is.

    The slightly longer explanation is that 1up had to cut the H&C blog before the full Miyamoto storyline was finished, and because my contract with 1up held that they actually owned those strips, I couldn't just finish the storyline on my own.

    For what it's worth, it actually was fairly close to the end -- had I been able to complete it, you would have seen H&C and Miyamoto nearly escape, be faced down by a large number of yakuza thugs, and then Gila Mobster would have busted in with large ordinance and saved the day in an explosion of intense violence.

    Of course, since all the actions on the 1up H&C blog turned out to have been perpetrated by imposter robots, it doesn't really matter that much. In terms of actual Hsu and Chan, it's probably easier to classify the whole of the 1up blog non-canon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was never worried about how they would escape (those Yakuza seemed pretty inept), but I was curious as to how Miyamoto would turn out, as he was last shown with a very bloodthirsty expression on his face...

    ReplyDelete